Today’s salad is perfect for those nights when you have leftovers and no idea what to do with them. Grilled chicken and corn from a bbq? Make this salad with that leftover chicken and corn.
It’s light and summery, and the cilantro dressing is amazing!
Southwest Chicken Salad with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
Write a review
- Lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, hulled and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Grilled chicken
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
For the Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1 1/2 c. water. (give or take for your preference of dressing thickness)
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and onion to a large bowl. Add grilled chicken, corn and black beans. (See notes.)
For the Dressing
- Combine avocado, sour cream, lime juice, cilantro and salt in a blender or food processor. gradually add water until you reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and enjoy.
- The chicken, corn and black beans may be served hot or cold on this salad. Either way is delicious.
- If serving chicken, corn, or black beans hot, add them to the salad right before serving, so as not to wilt the lettuce.
West Valley Moms Blog https://www.citymomsblog.com/