Looking for a recipe other than banana bread to use up those poor overripe bananas taking up space on your countertop? I am so beyond guilty of overthinking my family’s need for and ability to consume bananas at the rate I am buying them. I am can’t stand wasting food so we have tried dozens of banana bread recipes, and we have a whole freezer door dedicated to frozen banana slices. This time, I wanted a bite-sized snack that could be eaten as a snack, breakfast-on-the-go, and/or a post-workout treat.
No Oven Required!
Let’s get real, no one wants to turn on their oven during the Arizona summer. A no-bake snack recipe that not only eliminates food waste but also satisfies your sweet tooth is just what you didn’t know you needed! A combination of a few of my favorite things: bananas, peanut butter, chocolate, and coconut rolled into one tiny, bite-sized ball of deliciousness.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir well until combined.
- Place bowl in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes so mixture holds together and is easier to shape.
- Remove from fridge and roll mixture into ping pong ball-sized bites.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in refrigerator for 3-5 days.