The temps are heating up and school is almost (or already) out!
That means it is time to find fun activities to get the kids out of the house. Here in the Valley that can be difficult when the temps are soaring to 100+ degrees. Luckily, we have splash pads sprinkled all over our side of town (& we even included some in Phoenix/Scottsdale we love.)
So pack up the kids and a picnic and head to one of these splash pads to cool down and wear them out (a good nap after wouldn’t hurt right?)
*All of these Splash Pads are free unless otherwise noted, and most are attached to a community park.
A few tips before heading out to the splash pads:
- Slather on the sunscreen. Not all splash pads are covered, so the sun will still be blaring down. Make sure to slather on the sunscreen and keep it handy for a second application if needed.
- Pack flip flops or water shoes for the kiddos to wear. Some of the splash pads are on concrete and some are the playground rubber pads. But either way flip flops or water shoes will make the experience more comfortable.
- Pack snacks or a picnic. Most or these Splash Pads are attached to a community park, so there are benches or grass. Pack snacks or a picnic lunch, because all the playing makes everyone hungry!
- Bring lots of water. There are drinking fountains but…just pack some water bottles to keep your littles EXTRA hydrated.
- Scope out the restrooms. Before they even start running through the water, locate out where the restrooms are. It always seems that the kids never have to use the bathroom until they are soaking wet and have to go RIGHT then! Better safe than sorry!
West Valley Splash Pads::
- Outlets at Anthem | 4250 W. Anthem Way – Open M-Sat 10AM-8PM Sundays 10AM-7PM
- Friendship Park | 12325 W. McDowell Rd – Starting Memorial Day Open M-S 8am-8pm
- Festival Foothills Community Park | 26252 W Desert Vista Blvd – Hours not listed
- Gateway Park | 10100 N. El Mirage Rd – Open daily
- Foothills Recreation & Aquatics Center | 5600 W. Union Hills Dr. June 3 – August 5, 2017, Monday – Thursday 1 – 5 PM, Friday 1 – 7 PM, Saturday Noon – 5PM, Sunday 11:30AM – 3:30PM
- Glendale Heroes Regional Park | 8100 W. Bethany Home Rd (at 83rd and Berridge Rd) – Open Daily 11AM-7PM
- Rose Lane Aquatics Center | 5003 W. Marlette Avenue – Open 1PM – 5PM daily, June 1 – August 3
- Westgate Entertainment District Fountain Park | 6751 N Sunset Blvd – Open Daily 10am-10pm *The Splash pad is closed the first Mon-Wed of each summer month to test for water safety*
- Goodyear Community Park | 3151 N. Litchfield Rd – Open Daily 9am-8pm
- The Orchard (for Luci’s customers only) | 7100 N 12th St – Open 7AM-6PM
- Desert Ridge Marketplace | 21001 N. Tatum Blvd – Open daily 8AM-11PM
- Phoenix Zoo | 455 N Galvin Pkwy – 9AM-5PM daily January 12-May 31; 7AM-2PM daily June 1-August 31; 9 AM-5PM daily September 1-November 1
- Camino a Lago Park | 21249 N. 98th Ave – Open Daily 10am-8pm
- Pioneer Community Park | 8755 N. 83rd Ave – Open Daily 6AM – 10:30PM
- Rio Vista Park | 8866 W. Thunderbird Ave – Open April 15th to October 15th 10AM-8PM
- Vistancia Community Splash Pad (Residents Only) | 12026 W Lone Mountain Pkwy
- West Wing Community Center Splash Pad (Residents Only) | 27008 High Desert Dr
- Scottsdale Quarter |15059 N Scottsdale Rd – Open Monday-Saturday 10AM-9PM, Sunday noon-6PM
- Heritage at Marley Park | 15073 W. Sweetwater Ave – Open daily 6am-10pm
- Hollyhock Community Pool | 15808 N Hollyhock St – Visit link for rates & hours
- Surprise Aquatic Center | 15831 N Bullard Ave – Visit link for rates & hours
- Surprise Farms Community Park | 17894 W Westpark Blvd – Open Monday – Friday 8AM – 5PM
- Veramonte Park | 12741 N. 140th Lane – Open Monday – Friday 8AM – 5PM