Once September hits, I like to pretend that it is Fall. Let’s face it, we have to pretend here in AZ because our weather doesn’t exactly get the memo about the season change! One of the ways I do that is with food!
As soon as September arrives, I take that as my opportunity to make everything and anything apple. Apple Cider, applesauce (great recipe for homemade!), apple donuts, apple muffins, apple crisp…give me all the apples! Add in fall flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg and I am a happy girl!
So, to make the most of it, I make all the fall foods with all the Fall flavors!
This popcorn is a perfect combination of Fall flavors and easy to make!
- 2 packets Apple Cider drink mix (I used Alpine Brand)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10-12 cups plain popcorn (about 2 bags popped, or 1/2 cup kernels)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cover 2 baking sheets with foil and spray with non stick spray.(don't skip this step, trust me)
- Pop your popcorn and spread evenly on the two baking sheets.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar, cider drink mix, and corn syrup.Stir continuously until boiling.
- Reduce heat and add cream of tarter while stirring.
- Add baking soda. (It will bubble and foam. That's what it is supposed to do, just keep stirring)
- Gently and carefully pour the caramel over the popcorn and gently stir to coat.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes. Gently stir popcorn around and cook an additional 10 minutes. Popcorn should be a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Once cool, break apart any large pieces that stuck together.