Bananas are a favorite in my household and so when my hubby and I go grocery shopping, we make sure to pick up a few bundles.
They either don’t make it to Friday by everyone eating them up, or we have a bundle left and they’re turning brown.
I hate throwing food away so I whip up a family favorite for the weekend breakfasts or if I have many left for two batches, the family loves to grab a muffin before running out the door for work and school!
Here is my simple go-to banana nut muffin recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Butter up your muffin pans or use large parchment muffin baking cups
- In one large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together, and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, bananas, sugar and butter. After all combined, add this mixture to the flour mixture.
- Fill muffin pan with batter, sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of each muffin and bake for 25 minutes.