Love is in the air but I have an honest confession…
I can’t stand Valentine’s Day. I refuse to celebrate it. I don’t want flowers that have been marked up in price 300% or a teddy bear or chocolates shaped like hearts. Well, ok I would take the chocolates because I never turn down chocolate, but you get what I’m saying.
That doesn’t mean I don’t take full advantage using heart shaped cookie cutters on every healthy food item possible! It also means making all the pink and red desserts I can whip up before it just gets annoying.
My love for anything chia is a well-known fact. There is a 50/50 chance I will have chia seeds stuck in my teeth anytime you talk to me. Chia pudding is on repeat in my house! Loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, and antioxidants, they are tiny but pack a powerful punch in the nutrition department.
Chia is a great go-to for snack time. When mixed with liquid, chia seeds swell and expand, becoming a thick, pudding-like texture. When you eat them, they also expand in your intestinal tract, creating a sense of satiety and helping to keep you full for hours.
I created this Berry Love Chia Bowl to celebrate my love of chia during the month of love!
I hope you LOVE it as much as BERRY much as I do.
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Add Greek yogurt, almond milk, and chia seeds to a mason jar or bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash strawberries and raspberries with a fork.
- Stir mashed berries into the chia mix and add honey.
- Mix well and cover with lid. Store in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to eat, top with additional berries or other toppings as desired.
- Optional toppings: additional berries, honey, sliced almonds, chopped chocolate pieces
This recipe and post were submitted by guest contributor Carrie Moody. Carrie is a registered dietitian and fitness instructor. Check out more of Carrie’s delicious and healthy recipes at on Instagram @fitbalancenutrition_rd and on her blog at Fit Balance Nutrition.