Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and that means lots of love and sweet treats!
We have left the Christmas trees behind, to make way for all the hearts. I love baking for this holiday. All the hearts and pink and red and love. I love sharing my love for making treats with my kids, and in turn they love being in the kitchen. (That’s a lot of love right there!)
One of my son’s favorite snacks is popcorn. I mean who doesn’t love popcorn, right? It can be dressed up in so many fun ways! I also found these adorable, and delicious, strawberry marshmallows that I knew I needed to do something with.
Voila! Strawberry Valentine Popcorn!
We ate it straight out of the bowl, but it would be super cute packaged in little gift bags for gifts too! 😉
Did I mention it’s super easy, and only slightly (ok, seriously) addictive. Will you make this tasty snack?
- 3 cups strawberry marshmallows
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10-12 cups popped popcorn
- Valentine sprinkles, hearts candies, pink and red nonpareils, or other sprinkles of choice
- Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat sheets.
- Pop your popcorn and spread onto prepared baking sheets, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and marshmallows. Stir constantly until completely melted.
- Add the baking soda and continue to stir. It will foam a little. That's perfect!
- Carefully pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn.
- Carefully stir until popcorn is coated in marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle your sprinkles on now while it is still warm. Let popcorn cool.
- Once cool, break apart and large pieces.
- You can use microwave bagged popcorn for this recipe or pop your own. It's about 2 bags popped or 1/2 cup kernels.