Ahh, St. Patrick’s day. One of my favorite holidays. No, I don’t like green. No, I don’t like to drink a lot. No, I’m not super Irish (let’s get real, they don’t celebrate it anyways!) I love this holiday specifically for the food.
I’ve never really celebrated the holiday with a certain meal either. It wasn’t until I was visiting my husband’s family in Utah over St. Patrick’s day and they were making corned beef and cabbage that night. I. Fell. In. Love. I don’t know what it is about the dish that I loved so much but it was delicious! Since then, we’ve made it for dinner on March 17th every year. Actually we make it multiple times a year. We love this stuff! I make corned beef as cabbage numerous ways depending on the time I have but in the crock pot is one of my favorite ways . Who doesn’t love to set it and forget it?
I love to eat mine with some Kerrygold butter & malt vinegar (which we were out of, boo!) What is your favorite holiday specifically for the food?
- 1 Corned Beef Brisket
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 bag of baby carrots
- 1-2 bottles of Guinness (optional, for flavor)
- 2 cups of water
- Quarter your potatoes & chop your cabbage and onions.
- Set aside a few onions for the top of your brisket.
- Place remaining cut veggies & carrots into your crock pot.
- Lay corned beef brisket on top of your veggie mixture.
- Add your Guinness, pouring over top of the brisket.
- Next, add your water to just the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the rest of your onions on top of your brisket.
- Set your crock pot to low for 8 hours & let it cook all day!