As a mother I know it’s hard to find time for yourself to even just go pee, let alone run a marathon.
However, sometimes that run is just what you need to be the best Mommy you can be. Running is therapy, but let’s be honest so is wine on occasion. For me I RUN so I can be the best version of ME possible! You would be amazed what endorphins do for your patience!
Running is like coffee, I am much nicer after I have had one.
The spring air is coming and that means running season is in full swing and there are a ton that you can do alone or with your family. The race schedules are overflowing in Arizona, I am pretty sure you can find a 5k, 10K or even a half marathon race every weekend! Here are a list of some of my local favorites:
- Kiss Me I’m Irish Run: March 17th: and 18th: 1k, 5k, 10k and Half Marathon
- Shamrock Half Marathon: March 18th
- D-Back Race Against Cancer: April 9th ; 5K & 1 MILE BANANA BOAT FAMILY FUN WALK
- BlackLight Run: April 2017
- Hippity Hoppity Races: April 9th: Half Marathon/ 4 Mile/Cottontail Dash/Virtual event
- Ice Cream Run: May 13th: Fun run for the whole family
If you are also looking for some moms and runners to meet up with, the west valley has a plethora of running groups to get connected with! Or if you’d like to run with me, please shoot me an email I am always looking for a running buddy.
- Moms Run this town PHX Chapter
- Lululemon Biltmore Monday Run Club at 6:00PM, 5k run along the canal
- Wednesday Morning Running Club Wednesday trail run at 5:15AM at Phoenix Mountain Preserve Meet at the top of Squaw Peak Drive parking lot just past the base of Piestewa Peak. All abilities welcome, from beginner to ultra-marathoner
- West Valley Runners Club
Time to hit the pavement and start blasting your favorite jams. I am digging some, “Work work work work work work” by Rihanna! Let the race season begin.