These Pesto and Red Pepper Pinwheels are a quick and easy appetizer idea, perfect for game day! Serve it with your favorite pizza sauce for a fuss-free bite the whole gang will love!
Hey y’all! It’s Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes! If you live anywhere near the Phoenix area or are a football fan, I’m sure you have heard that there will be a huge football game in the very near future. Although I don’t really follow the whole football thing, I’m always down for a party – it gives me an excuse to make and eat yummy food! To be honest, I just love party food – don’t you?!
Of course, these little snacks aren’t just for game day – they’re perfect anytime you want an easy appetizer that your friends and family will devour! At the Love Bakes Good Cakes house, we have been known to make a complete meal out of snack foods. Albeit, it doesn’t happen very often – but it does happen!
As much as I love sharing desserts, life needs a balance. I wish we could eat desserts all of the time, but that’s just not realistic! Appetizers are always fun for parties and get-togethers! One of my family’s favorite appetizers is this Pesto and Red Pepper Pinwheels recipe. My kiddos love to dip them in my homemade pizza sauce! Be sure to stop by my blog and see today’s post for the easy recipe if you don’t already have a homemade pizza sauce recipe!
Pesto and Red Pepper just happens to be one of my favorite combinations for these appetizers – but you could easily switch it up and make a pepperoni, sausage and black olives version (a favorite of my kiddos) … or whatever your family loves. Just remember you don’t need a bunch of stuff of fill these little bites!
- 1 tube (12 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls onto a large cutting board. Press and seal the seams and perforations.
- Evenly spread the pesto over the crescent rolls. Sprinkle with red peppers and Mozzarella cheese. Carefully roll up jelly-roll style, starting on the long side. With a sharp knife, cut the roll in half. Cut each half in half. Cut each quarter into 4 pieces.
- Place the slices, 2-inches apart and cut side down, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with pizza sauce.
I’ll see y’all next month! 🙂
Here are a few other posts you may enjoy: