A tangy and delicious No-Cook Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Recipe that is perfect for summer! Let this creamy concoction take your taste buds on a tropical outing!
I don’t know about your family, but my family absolutely loves homemade ice cream in the summer! Since it’s been so warm here in the Phoenix area, we have been making plenty of ice cream to help beat the heat! We love taking classic flavors of ice cream (chocolate, vanilla or strawberry) and adding our own mix-in’s … kind of like an at home Coldstone, if you will. We usually have an assortment of things we can add to our bowls of ice cream – cereal, chocolate chips, marshmallows, candy, fruit, graham crackers … really, whatever we can find that sounds good at the time! 🙂 If given the choice, I would only make our favorite chocolate ice cream and this No-Cook Key Lime Pie Ice Cream! In my opinion, they are the best. The chocolate because, well, it’s chocolate. It doesn’t need a reason. And this No-Cook Key Lime Pie Ice Cream because it has a tangy sweet creamy citrus punch that just can’t be beat. Oh, yeah!
Just a side note, I love this spoon …. I feel like I should use it for everything! 🙂 Isn’t it the coolest thing ever?!
If you’re intimidated at the thought of making homemade ice cream, let me reassure you that this recipe is easy! There are no eggs, so there is no need to cook it! It’s just a matter of mixing everything together and freezing the ice cream according to the manufacturers directions for your ice cream maker. Then, all you have to do is transfer the ice cream to containers and let them firm up a bit before serving. Seriously, it is soooo easy! And good.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Nellie & Joe's key lime juice
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Pinch salt
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, roughly crushed (approximately 9 crackers)
- Freeze or prepare an ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except graham crackers until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Carefully stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Transfer the mixture to covered containers that can be frozen. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
Other posts you may enjoy:
Easy Piña Colada Ice Cream
Lemon Funfetti Ice Cream
Elvis Banana Split with Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream