Yes, that’s right, Fried Cabbage Patties!
Trust me, they’re delicious!
I remember, in the beginning of my husband and I’s relationship, we went over to his parents house for dinner. My mother in law made fried cabbage patties as a side dish to a pork chop dinner. I was skeptical, but I always try something once. They are so yummy! Ever since that day, it seems like I’m always making fried cabbage patties and I must never make enough, because there are NEVER any leftovers!
Once, my little cousin requested fried cabbage for her birthday dinner! I made about 6 heads of cabbage. I thought, “this must be enough” The plate of patties seemed like it was never ending while I was making them! Especially since I was 7 months pregnant at the time. Needless to say, they ate them all up! Once again, NO leftovers! As you can tell, it is a favorite in our family and I hope it can be in yours as well!
This is also a GREAT side dish for your corned beef St. Patrick’s Day dinner!
- 1 cabbage
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- A few dashes of salt and pepper to your liking
- Chop cabbage and boil until soft
- Drain and place in fridge for about 30-45 minutes to cool
- After it's all cooled down, add eggs, flour, salt and pepper and mix very well.
- Add canola/vegetable oil in frying pan
- Spoon cabbage mixture into oil and flatten into patty form.
- Cook till it's golden brown on both sides
- Add salt and pepper to taste.