If you’re in a bit of a rut when it comes to making the same thing for dinner each week, this recipe may be just what you need to spice things up!
Kofta is basically deliciously seasoned meat on a stick.
It’s often found on the menu in Middle Eastern restaurants, alongside hummus, chicken shawarma, and falafal. This is my favorite kind of food and being from the Metro Detroit area, there are TONS of authentic Middle Eastern restaurants. Phoenix is catching up though! But no matter where you are, you can make your own spectacular kofta in the comfort of your own kitchen.
I know, this recipe has more than five ingredients, which may turn you off; BUT, make it with what you have on hand. When I make kofta, I don’t put the meat on a stick. I just form it into small patties and fry them up.
Give this recipe a chance, have fun, eat delicious kofta, and thank me later!
- 1 lb ground meat (chicken or beef)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp grated onion
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 3 or 4 Tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Combine the seasonings into the ground meat. Form small (slider sized) patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Eat with hummus or top on a salad and enjoy!