The kids are back in school, which means, back to a workout routine for mom! All summer long we as moms are trying to find fun things to do with the kids, which also means that sometimes our workout routine is set on the back burner. Now that the kids are all back in school it’s time to get back at it ladies! Working out is good for so many reasons, yes it is great to fit into a pair of jeans you love, but it also gives us more energy to be able to get through the day. Here are a few tips to help you get started again, once you start you feel great it is just taking that initial step.
So here you go:
1. Find a friend to meet up with after kid drop off, go for a run, run some stairs in a parking garage. If you have a time and someone you are meeting, you more likely to go.
2. Join a gym, bootcamp or fitness class and choose and mentally prepare yourself the night before what class and time you are going to be attending the next day. When it is not penciled in our calendar we tend to let it slide, so pencil in your sweat time and make that appointment.
3. Give yourself an award, we all like praise so set a goal. For example: “I’m going to workout 3 days a week this week for 30 minutes” this goal is measurable so it is clear cut at the end of the week did you meet your goal or not? If you met it maybe reward yourself with a new workout tank top, a bubble bath, heck I even like stickers!
4. Set your clothes out the night before, or if you are a working mom, pack your clothes and take them with you to work. We all know if you come home to change after a long days of work you are most likely not going to go, so make it part of your routine.
5. Put your alarm clock across the room, a lot of times we have intention to get up early then roll over and just turn the alarm off. If you have to actually get out of bed to turn it off you are more likely to stay up!
Just remember it is fun being a happy and healthy mom, it may not always be fun when putting in the hard work, but the pay off is OH SO FUN!!!