Are you in a yoga pant rut? Not sure..? Answer the questions below.
Do you wear them when you workout?
Do you wear them even when you don’t workout?
Are you still wearing them by late afternoon?
Do you do this 3-4 times a week?
If you answered yes on any of the above questions, you may be in a yoga pant rut. I know I get in them all the time. How could you not?! There are so many cute and comfortable styles out there. I am a mother of 5. Wanting to stay fit, and running a household for 7 leaves very little time for me to get ready and feel comfortable. We as mothers want to dress in something that we can clean and mop in but also pick up our kids from school in. Today I am going to share 5 ways to getting out of the yoga pant groove.
1. Wake up early and plan your day. You read right.. Wake up EARLY. At least an hour earlier than you usually do, should allow enough time to get ready for the day. If you workout regularly, plan on working out earlier so you have time to shower and get yourself ready. By doing this you will feel pretty, energized and productive.
2. Plan an activity and put it on your calendar. Make a reason to get dressed and stay dressed all day. Get together with a friend, or plan a play date. Do something. A lot of us moms will get dressed but as soon as we come home from dropping kids off, we jump back into the yoga pants. I’m not saying leave the house everyday, but try and stay in your nice clothes most of the day. By having an activity planned, this will help you stay in your clothes!
3. Wear comfortable clothes. I notice that if I am wearing uncomfortable clothes I will quickly change during the day into workout clothes. By wearing nice comfortable clothes you are more likely to stay in them all day long. Here are a few examples of fashionable and comfy pants:
I know you are probably laughing at some of these styles, but when worn properly are extremely cute! Google or Pinterest ways to style these pants if you are unsure. They are all super cute and very in style right now.
4. Switch out ponytails and tennis shoes for curls and flats. Go the extra mile. When you get ready, put a few curls in your hair or wear a cute pair of comfortable flats. At the end of the day, I promise you will feel better. I love curling my hair. It takes me longer than if I put it up or left it straight, but it always turns out prettier if curled.
5. Be an example. If you have a daughter, she is watching. Set an example for her. Get dressed everyday and try to look your best. This will help her later on in life. It will give he or she confidence and independence and a sense of achievement they will need. Even if you have boys, this sets an example. The last thing I want is for my kids to remember that their mom growing up never got dressed. I want them to remember that she got dressed and looked nice 4-5 days out of the week. Be the mother you want them to remember you by.
I know that by sticking to these 5 rules you will be able to overcome wearing workout clothes everyday. If it’s too hard to do all 5, then just do one at a time. It will be a transition, but one that is worth it in the long run.
“No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.”- Author Unknown