1. Visit a local farm. We love Tolmachoff Farms in Glendale and you can visit their pumpkin patch through early November. We also recommend MacDonald’s Ranch in Scottsdale and Buckelew Farm in Tucson if you are up for a little drive.
2. Stop by The Cookie Doughjo and bake up a batch of cookies or take a cooking class. What’s better than cookies, fresh out of the oven, on a cool fall day? Well, cool for Arizona.
3. Take a train ride at the Adobe Western Railroad in Glendale. Most Sundays in the fall, they offer free train rides to the public.
6. Begin your Thanksgiving celebrations by running a 5k together. The whole family can participate in the Thanksgiving Classic at the Peoria Sports Complex.
7. Spend your day at a Farmer’s Market. There are several throughout the valley.
8. Enjoy some shopping at the Front Porch Pickins Vintage Market at the Peoria Sports Complex on November 8th.
9. Take a day trip. Sedona, Flagstaff and Prescott are only a few miles away and you might even be able to see some leaves changing colors around this time of year.
10. Head to the Desert Botanical Garden for the Chiles and Chocolate Festival or catch their fall concert series.
11. Experience a drive-in movie at the WestWind in Glendale.
12. Pack a picnic and take in the beautiful scenery at Sahuaro Ranch Park.
13. Cheer on the Arizona Cardinals at Westgate’s Preflight Parties, before every home game.
14. Try a deep fried Twinkie or visit the petting zoo at the Arizona State Fair, October 10 – November 2.
15. Plant a garden. Now is the time to plant your garden in Arizona, check out these desert gardening tips.
16. Start a gratitude journal with your kids.
17. Catch a puppet show at the Great Arizona Puppet Theater. In November, they’ll be performing the Little Red Hen.
18. Explore a new park, like Foothills Park that offers a streetskape for skaters and 2 playgrounds.
19. Play Harvest Bingo together as a family.
20. Attend the West Valley Moms blog launch party, of course!